Livadia, to the claims of scientists are not of ancient origin. In the early 19 th century Livadia land, as in many other areas of the Southern coast of Crimea belonged to the Balaklava Greek battalion commander, Colonel Reveliote "Livadion" in Greek means "meadow". Obviously, the site of the Livadia was once grazing land. In 30-ies of the same 19 th century land acquired Count Potocki. On the order built a house various services, and a well-known horticulturist Delinger divides the park. V1860, the Livadia buys royal family.
A year later under the direction of the court architect Monighetti began rebuilding the old house under the Potocki Palace construction of another Little Palace and other buildings, greenhouses, stables. Were given in order of vineyards cover 43 acres, built vinpodval. At the vineyards Livadia working poor, mostly seasonal workers. For their hard work they receive a pittance. It is no coincidence here and began the first strike on the South Coast.
"Crimea strike by the Russian Tsar" reported: "7oktyabrya in located on the southern coast of Crimea estate of the Russian tsar" Livadia "occurred great scandal: 50 workers went on strike. The reason for the strike – the workers discontent faulty issuance of money and abuse. Among the Crimean job is gratifying fact makes a strong impression, promote growth class and political consciousness. "That's the king – says even more dark mass of workers – it turns out that our blood he drank no worse than any contractor. In 1910-1911 in the place of the old palace erected a new, as it was called then, White Palace, which survived in our time.